Saturday, February 9, 2008

A Bump in the Road...

Well, my current boss talked with my future boss yesterday. Though I'm grateful that they finally had a conversation, I'm bummed at the outcome. The church wanted Rochelle and I down before Easter so we could lead that weekend and get settle in. After a quick conversation between the two, it sounds like Southeast won't release me until May 1st. Although this time at SCC could never be replaced, I was hoping they'd release me a bit sooner. I love the fact that I'll be able to have more time here(there's so much more to learn) but my heart is already in Florida. There's still a chance that they could change their minds but I'm doubting they will. My only concern is that CCF will be upset about this decision and make it harder for me to stick around. Either way, I'm hoping my attitude won't change around here. That I'll keep a positive attitude and good spirits around the office. It won't be hard because I love Southeast, but when you want to be somewhere else, it's hard to not let that show. Either way, I'll be leading at CCF Easter weekend.

3 comments:

BZP said...

That sounds kinda shady. Did you sign a contract or something? It seems like you should be able to go start a new job if they want you now.

Mike said...

Paul i agree with bzp...you should be able to leave whenever you want, that is unless you signed a contract. Either way, it will work out ok in the long run. Stay Strong!

Paul Yerrick said...

I didn't sign a contract. It's more on principal. I don't want to walk away from one of the largest churches in the country leaving a bad taste in their mouths... We'll see what happens. Whatever way it goes, CCF is set on having us, even if they want to wait. But the longer they have to wait, the more money they have to spend on bringing us down and paying another guy to do the job until I get there.